Background

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

You Are Picture Perfect!

Hello Pages Peeps, this is Michelle here today to bring you share with you my May projects this week. I made three projects total, and I'll be posting one a day.

The Collection
I worked with Bo Bunny's "Weekend Market" collection which features travel themed images with rich colors and regal designs. This collection would not only be good for travel and vintage photos, it would also be perfect for more masculine themed projects. If you want a closer look at individual patterned papers or to see the entire collection, please go here. For all three of my projects I used three of the patterned papers and the cardstock sticker sheet shown below. 




Bo Bunny's Weekend Market Collection

The Reveal
For my first project I was inspired by the sticker that read "picture perfect" from the sticker sheet so I designed a card built around that sentiment. 

Since the colors in this collection were more masculine, I decided to make a card for my nephew. 
To start, I placed some color blocks in the background. For an extra touch I added some tone on tone brads on a few of the polka dots. I combined the alphabet stickers with the cardstock sticker from the sticker sheet to build a sentiment block. I popped up the sentiment with some foam tape for some dimension and finished it off with a sheer bow. 
Card Exterior - You are Picture Perfect

I wanted to make the card a bit more dynamic than normal since my nephew is 5 years old and may not appreciate a plain card. I decide to make him a pop-up with his own image, then he might take more notice of it. 

Card Interior - Floating Pop-up Images
I created the pop up using some paper punched balloons, a photo and acetate strips. I then covered up the bottom with a border punch strip. I made this style of card once before. If you are interested in seeing my other sample or want a tutorial, please follow this link to my blog. 

Here is a side view of the pop-up. 

Side View of Floating Pop-up
Supplies:
Featuring Bo Bunny's "Weekend Market" Collection
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Papers: Bo Bunny “Weekend Market”
Sticker: Bo Bunny
Border Punch: Stampin’ Up
Punch: Fiskars
Ink: ColorBox
Ribbon: May Arts
Brads: Creative Impressions
Acetate: 3M

So come on over to Pages from the Heart if you are interested in this collection or want to see any of the design team projects in person. 

Thanks so much for stoppin' by,
Michelle

1 comment:

Becky said...

That pop-up in the center is awesome! Great card Michelle!