Background

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Family Portrait Layout

Hello Pages Peeps, this is Michelle here today with my last project for this month featuring Bo Bunny's "Weekend Market" collection. I made a card, a calendar/mini-album and now a layout. This collection is very versatile and easy to use. Hopefully you found something to inspire you to make your own creation. 

The Reveal
I often choose papers for my photos based on the color scheme rather than theme to match my photos.  Since I had my papers first, I did the opposite. I picked the photos that matched my papers. When I saw the dark blue, mustard yellow and maroon combination of the collection, I immediately thought of these studio portraits my family took in while on vacation in Seoul, as those were the exact colors of my Dad's traditional Korean outfit.

Korean Family Portrait
The Details
One of the patterned papers had suitcases printed on it, so I cut out a few and stacked them alongside my photos. 

Patterned Paper for an Embellishment
I also cut a journaling sticker into the shape of the suitcases and stacked that on top of the cases so that it would blend in with the design. While in Korea, I picked up some Hello Kitty post it notes which featured Hello Kitty and Daniel in traditional outfits, so I added that to the top of the journaling. To finish things off, I added some tiny brads to match the polka dots on the journaling block and one of the patterned papers. 

Journaling Block
For my title, I used the matching yellow alphabet letters in the collection. The letters faded into the yellow background cardstock so I outlined that portion with a black  pen. The upper part of the letters protruded into the dark blue cardstock, so I outlined the top half a white pen for added emphasis. Just find ways to use what you already have in stock. You might surprise yourself with what you come up with. 

Title

Supplies:
Featuring Bo Bunny's "Weekend Market" Collection

Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Papers: Bo Bunny “Weekend Market”
Sticker: Bo Bunny
Ink: ColorBox
Brads: Creative Impressions
Pen: Pentel, Sakura
Sticky Notes: Sanrio


Weekend Market Collection
Stay tuned next week to see the new projects from another design team member. 

Thanks so much for stoppin' by,
Michelle

No comments: