Background

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March Design Team Reveal

Good Morning!

It's my favorite time of the month, Design Team Reveals!  Yay! 

Today we'll be starting off with 1 of Michelle's projects, a very "sweet" centerpiece!

Lollipop Bouquet Centerpiece
I wanted to make something non-baby themed with my kit, so I decided to use it for a birthday themed altered item. This is a lollipop bouquet centerpiece that doubles as a party favor

Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Authentique
Die Cuts: Authentique
Ribbon: May Arts
Curling Ribbon: Berwick
Ink: ColorBox, Tsukineko Inc.
Shape Punches: Stampin’ Up, Fiskars
Hole Punch: McGill
Pearls: Kaisercraft
Cellophane: Uline
Tape: Scotch
Floral Foam: Oasis
Font: Papyrus, Papyrus Condensed
Box: Nabisco (Wheat Thin Stix)
Skewer: Fox Run
Lollipops: Tootsie Roll Industries
Other: glue gun, hot glue

 The Inspiration:
When my sister was married, she wanted individually cellophane wrapped lollipops for the bridesmaids' bouquets instead of flowers. I figured out how to make those as seen in this photo.

For her birthday coming up, I wanted to create something based on the bridesmaid bouquets. I also saw a "30 Sucks" lollipop bouquet on Pinterest so I combined the two ideas together and made a hope 40 (won't) suck bouquet, although she really isn't 40 but I didn't want to disclose her real age here.
The Details:
For the base, I used a Triscuit Thin Crisps box that I cut down. I decorated it with patterned papers, ribbon, die cuts, flower punches and pearls.


When the party is over, the attendees can each take out a lollipop from the centerpiece to take home with them as a party favor. You can place your specific message onto a tag and tie it to the stick with curling ribbon. I stamped "Happy Birthday" onto my tag.


I hope you enjoyed this sweet reveal!  Thanks for stopping by today!
Michelle

Thanks, Michelle, for this cute and sweet idea!

Remember, you can always go into Page's to see the projects up close!  We'll be back tomorrow with a great tutorial from Michelle on how you can duplicate this centerpiece!

See you all then!
Andi

No comments: